Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      swanlake
      Participant

I’m finally here after a little hiccup with my username. I’m a bit nervous about joining in, waiting for more counselling starting by the summer hopefully.
      I’ll try to be brave and delve into things at my own pace.
      swanlake

Hawthorn
      Participant

Hi Swanlake,

Welcome to the forum 🤗
      It takes so much courage to reach out, our painful experiences with abuse are deeply personal though sadly rarely unique to us. We are multitudes. You will find support and understanding here, and there’s great power in that. You are not alone.xx

Busyditch
      Participant

I’m new too, (literally a couple of days) and I had a hiccup with usernames. Everyone seams super supportive which is good. I know this is going to sound silly, but I actually felt alone in my situation but being here has shown me (sadly) just how many people are in this position.

Neueranfang
      Participant

I also felt alone for years and suffered in silence.Once I started confiding in people things just became so real and I realised I am not alone.There are so many women in the same or similar position and once you start coming out with your story you will hear their stories.I tried to leave my partner at least 5 times over the last (detail removed by Moderator) but he always managed to lure me back in/manipulate me up until (detail removed by Moderator) ago.One final attack and I left for good.This time there is no going back.Not only because I don’t want to be in an abusive relationship but also because I told my employer and some of my colleagues and social services got involved as well as our children’s school to protect our children.I don’t feel alone in this xx

Risingup
      Participant

Hi Swanlake!
      Welcome to the forum. I’ve been on here on and off for about a year. It’s such a massive support for me. I feel so alone but just reading and sharing my story helps so much. Xx

Sleepypigeon
      Participant

Hi Swan, fairly new here to and so glad I found this. Feeling alone in this is the worst feeling as well as dealing with children work etc. I’m glad I reached out as sadly we are not alone in this, but grateful for all the lovely ladies on here ❤

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content