Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Freefromabuse
      Participant

Hi, I’ve joined for support. I’m not sure why I’ve titled my name as free fro abuse. I’m still being emotionally abused by my soon to be ex husband through our children. I’m struggling. I left him in (Detail removed by Moderator). It wasn’t until (Detail removed by Moderator) that I realised I’d been completely emotionally, sexually and financially abused throughout our (Detail removed by Moderator) year relationship. I’m still trying to come to terms with it all. Thanks for allowing me to join. Im hoping to gain strength from other survivors.

hello lovely,
      good to see you on here, sorry not to write so much today as having a challenging time right now
      but brilliant you are joining keep posting
      great name
      ftc
      x

Iwon
      Participant

Ex used to control me thru kids. Read about parallel parenting. Mine scared me for ages with threats of court years over divorce. I understand now he did it do he could control he and I had to do what he wanted or the threats would start.

I changed the dynamic and get none of that now. I set a strict schedule for visitation. No helping him out and bending over backwards anymore. He fits around us. I dmhave not spoken to him directly in years. Never will. All my text purely to tell him where and when to pick up our child. I am in control of schedule.

If he or his gf get unpleasant by text. I save them and ignore ignore.

I felt for years after I left he still controlled my actions and he contributes nothing positive to our kids. I am the responsible parent. I tell him nothing apart from what I want.

Only correspond reference kids. Hang up and block him of he starts. You have a right to live in peace. Set new lines and if he fights it and has a tantrum block him x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content