Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Welshwoman21
      Participant

I’ve talked to my Husband about how he disresoects me, not telling me what time be will be coming home from work, not involving me in decisions, not listening to my views on significant issues.
      I told her (detail removed by moderator) weeks I go I pushed him away (detail removed by moderator) and he continued and we had sex.
      I didn’t feel strong enough mentally at the time to say no.
      I didn’t feel strong enough to tell him the other night when he asked me (detail removed by moderator) (with attitude) when I said I had pushed (detail removed by moderator).away (detail removed by moderator) when he woke me jn the middle of the night.
      (detail removed by moderator) I felt stronger and said I didn’t consent and asked him what is that called. He said (detail removed by moderator)

He said (Detail removed by moderator)

He said other things before and after what I’ve typed above but I don’t have much time to send this message whilst (detail removed by moderator). One of the things he said was that he (detail removed by moderator)

I’m taking so many steps toward ending the marriage, I have confided in a few close family members, I have telephoned and visited women’s aid and have asked thr Police for a Clares law application.
      BUT i am so worried about if I am going the right thing. My children have been through an incredible amount of other life changes and traumas including loosing their birth father.
      2nd part of this is that I am scared, (detail removed by moderator).

This is bad isn’t it ???

Mellow
      Blocked

It’s good you are seeking support (detail removed by moderator).I know what it’s like in this situation I have been in non consensual situations frequently with my ex partner even to the point I started crying and was told to wait until he was ready the thing is cause we are in a relationship we question how wrong it is and wether we can say it’s non consensual because we are supposed to be in love with them but they are showing they don’t care or love us.I only wish I could have took my own advice this has brought up some slight trauma I didn’t realise I put up with soo much in my past relationships.I regularly pushed molestered hands away from me and felt I could not sleep with hands constantly on me and one day I told my partner I split up with him to go on the sofa he kept coming back to the bed the thought of it now disgusts me .I hope you get the answers you need sorry for waffling on.

Bananaboat
      Participant

The fact your children have been through so much already is reason enough to not put them through anymore and get out if you/they/all of you are unhappy. Your post has been heavily moderated but if I understand correctly if you no longer trust your partner and he’s forcing you to do or act in certain ways then as scary as it is to be alone, you’re doing the right thing leaving x

Welshwoman21
      Participant

Thank you both for your feedback x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content