Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Squiggly Lines
      Participant

Hello everyone,

I hope this finds you safe and well.

I’m new here and wanted to reach out and say hello to you all. I’ve been trying to talk about my experiences and understand them so that I can move forwards and grow strong, but have found it so hard to even know where to begin.

Thank you for this safe space and thank you all in advance for any support and advice you offer.

Peace, love and strength to you all.

Squiggly Lines

KIP.
      Participant

Hello and welcome, take your time and post when you’re ready. It will help for you to read other posts on here as unfortunately these abusive men are very similar in their tactics.

Shelly123
      Participant

Hello and welcome to the forum x

Dear Squiggly Lines, the best thing to do for a bit is to read some of the posts and get a feel for it all. This forum helped me 1000% in developing healthier strategies to manage my last relationship & restore my self worth. You will get the help that you need to. X*X

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi squiggly lines. This forum has been my lifeline, it’s given me the strength to see how toxic my relationship was & Ive recently left him. If it hadn’t been for coming on here I wouldn’t understand about the cycles of abuse & the twisted mind games they all seem to play, it’s like they all went to the same Sch! Reading other stories & getting support for what I’ve been through has been a godsend to me. It’s not easy leaving but the more time I’m away from him the more clearly I can see him for what he is! I used to call him jeckle & Hyde, only the nice side is the act, the real him is the abuser that almost ruined me & my daughters lives. When you’re ready share your story, people on here are so supportive.

Squiggly Lines
      Participant

Thank you all for your welcomes ladies.

Moogie and Healthy Archive, it’s good to hear that this forum has helped you both.I will take some more time to read through the various posts and learn a bit more.

Thank you again, ladies x

godschild
      Participant

Hi Welcome ,you will see a lot of similarities when you read posts ,it will validate the abuse you suffer and help you see things more clearly xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content