Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Little Weed
      Participant

Hey All, I’m new and just trying to find my way around. Head is mush from being in N**********c, emotionally abusive relationship and just need someone to talk to, to feel safe. I need out, I know I do, but right now I just need strength and support and to see that it’s doable and I’m not on my own. Thank you for reading. Xx

Hetty
      Participant

Hi Little Weed, welcome ❤️
      You’re not alone and getting out is doable. I was in an emotionally abusive relationship for years and after a long time of planning I got out. I thought that I was going to be trapped for life. Have you reached out to your local domestic abuse service? That was an important first step for me. They validated how I was feeling and at no point told me I should leave or what I should do. They helped me see that I was being abused, made sure I was safe and helped me to consider options. It’s all about small steps and planning. If you want out what do you need and what options do you have?
      I read and journaled. Education is key to really seeing what’s going on and journaling helps to keep us in reality and see the cycle of abuse.
      This site has been a lifeline for me and without the support on here I don’t think I would have gotten out with my child. Xx

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Little Weed,

Welcome to the forum. Urgh! It sounds like you are in a horrible place right now but you don’t have to be stuck there. Getting out is doable, not easy but it is very possible and for most, the longer you are out, the more you get back on your feet, the better life gets.

As Hetty said, please do try to contact your local domestic abuse charity and see if you can get a keyworker. They will be able to help you understand how to leave safely and successfully. Please don’t let your partner know about your plans. The more he knows, the more weaponry he adds to his arsenal of abuse.

The forum is a great place to vent and to find comfort, advice, support and strength. The ladies just walk right along beside you. xx

Little Weed
      Participant

Oh wonderful, beautiful ladies!! Sitting here sobbing at your messages, your kindness!! Felt like the biggest hug in the world!! Thank you ❤!! Today, might just be a good day after all!! Xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Little Weed,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum! You’ll find guidance in the Forum Guidelines and FAQ’s.

I hope you find the forum a supportive place to be. It’s nice to see you have already had supportive replies and I hope that makes you feel safe here.

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (weekdays 10am – 4pm and 10am – 12pm weekends). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Do keep posting to let us know how you’re getting on,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content