Tagged: 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      pink rose
      Participant

I was in an abusive marriage I am now divorced. Since the divorce my ex has a history of stalking me( this has been going on for years) Ge has also poisoned both of my adult children against me resulting that I don’t see them or my little grandson. I have an arrestable injunction but the terms are that he doesn’t threaten or intimidate me or get third parties to do so. He has turned up onany occasions when I gve been at the supermarket, police useless saying it’s a coincidence. I am getting really worried now that he is following me but it’s hard to prove. (Detail removed by moderator) I then left (removed by moderator)  went to the supermarket and him and his new wife were in a queue at checkout watching me. Its freaking me out. I caught h ar christmas walking dogs near my house. I think he is following me and watching me, to pry into my life. How can I get police to act or what can I do? He is a control freak who can’t let ho

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there. There are new and very strict stalking laws. Ring rights for women for free legal advice. I rang 101 and reported every time I saw him. The excuses he made up were laughable. My husband has done the same thing with my adult son. It’s heartbreaking but for my sons sake I’m not pushing contact. He knows I love him and am here if he needs me. My ex is controlling and I’m sure gives him a hard time over me. Hopefully he will realise what a monster his father is. I too had to get an order. Now he’s dragging me to court over finances. They just don’t know how to let go. Even when they have taken everything, they come back for more. Can you change (removed by moderator)? Change your routine for a while. Amend the injunction to include a distance of 400m. That way even if he turns up at the supermarket, you know he has to leave.

WalkerInTheRain
      Participant

Change up your routine.
      If he still turns up ‘coincidentally’ then he may be using covert tactics.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi pink rose,

If you have not done so already you may find it helpful to contact the following organisations for support or have a look through their websites. Both organisations should be able to provide some guidance regarding reporting stalking and harassment to the police.

The Suzy Lamplugh Trust and the National Stalking Helpline; 0808 802 0300

Paladin; National Stalking Advocacy Service; this website has some very good resources, including a ‘Stalking and Harassment incident diary template’.

Kind Regards,

Lisa

pink rose
      Participant

Thank you, I am going to contact an anti stalking helpline, why do they do this? It is NOT normal behaviour!!

Serenity
      Participant

Because they can’t bear to be ignored, Pink Rose, and gain feelings of power from thinking that they are affecting and weakening us.

Take your power back by contacting all
      The suggested people and taking action! xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content