Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #70933

      Hi all,
      I’m looking for some advice about who would be the best type of person or organisation to turn to.
      I left my husband, we never divorced. He was controlling and manipulative, including financially. I Worked hard to get out from under his influence and control. He has now died, and even though we were still legally married, it seems that his pension will not provide for me as a dependent because we no longer lived together. I have very little documentation, as he only provided me with a small amount of financial support, and inexplicably stopped paying that 6 months before he died. Our children are receiving a dependant’s pension. I want to plead my case to the pension fund administrators and hope that they find me deserving of a dependant’s pension.
      I’m wondering if some advice from a solicitor experienced in domestic abuse would be good place to start, or if anyone can suggest an organisation who might advocate for me?


    • #70944
      Main Moderator

      Hi Freepickles

      Welcome to the forum. I think legal advice is what you need for this query. A good place to start would be your local domestic abuse support service, you can search for details of your local service here, most local services offer some initial legal advice and they might know of local solicitors who are experienced with domestic abuse cases.

      Take care and keep posting


Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide


Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content