Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Woollymammal
      Participant

Hi ladies,

I was supposed to be leaving tomorrow, someone was taking my stuff tgats at my sister’s, but can’t tonight.. I’ve got some things to get, because I don’t want to leave the flat for a while to go out, so need to get these things..
      But.. I’m going Wednesdays morning now..But I’m starting to waiver.. I think if I walked out with just my animals it woukd be better, so must be to do with the fear and anxiety of bringing my stuff down the stairs, into my car, as I’m also worried if my back will take it..
      Not sure if it’s just cold feet!!
      X*x

maddog
      Participant

Baby steps Woollymammal. One step at a time & don’t look back. The past isn’t safe to hold onto. Gently ahead. Keep breathing. You can do it

Hetty
      Participant

It’s anxiety of the whole horrible experience. Your freedom is on the other side of that door. You can do this. X

Escapee
      Participant

Write yourself a list of all the awful things you won’t need to endure after Tuesday.

Then write a list of all the wonderful things you’ve got to look forward to, like a cup of tea in bed in morning that you can enjoy with nobody saying c**p to you – simple things but such a luxury to us

You can do this sweetheart x*x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi Woolly, this is where LOA(law of attraction) came into play for me. I visualised myself packing my cases,could imagine the feel of the material as I folded and packed into cases. Visualised me zipping closed my cases,visualised so hard I could heard the zipper.i saw myself carrying the cases and boxes and bags downstairs, I saw send heard the door closing behind me, saw me getting into my car and driving away. I did this in the lead up to leaving. I was extremely nervous but I did it and you can too. Best of luck sweetheart IWMB 💞💞

fizzylem
      Participant

Hi Woolly, feel the fear and do it anyway. V natural to be feeling anxious about the unknown. You’ve got a lot us behind you here willing you on. Take your time and get everything you want to take because anything you leave will likely be gone to you once you’ve left. But safety first always though obs, if it’s just ‘stuff’ it doesn’t really matter that much does it. Just take what’s important to you but if you feel the time is now to go then go x

KIP.
      Participant

You’re overthinking. Anything you don’t or can’t bring is easily replaced. Just take important documents and anything sentimental. Some women leave with a bin bag and nowhere to go. Ignore the anxiety. Picture a safe place with your lovely animals. Shut your thoughts off and leap 👍 We are all here to support you. Even if you have to tell yourself if it doesn’t work you can go back but there is nothing safe about your current situation. Nothing healthy nothing loving and nothing safe. You’re trauma bonded to that and it takes courage and ignoring every fibre just to turn your back on that. It’s the right thing to do……..

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there Woolly, I wanted to offer you some support as you get ready to leave. You have been through such a lot to get to this stage, it is understandable that you have started to feel anxious.

You should feel so proud of yourself. Good luck, keep safe.

We are thinking of you. Do let us know how you are doing.

Best wishes

Lisa

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content