Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I told her how I felt growing up; and she called me delusional, listen all the things she’s done for me practically (food, boundaries), said how dare I say such a thing & threatened to take my son.. I don’t think she’ll ever understand that I’ll always be grateful for the practical things she did for me, but there’s always a peace missing due to the emotional neglect

fizzylem
      Participant

Probably yes SD, someone emotionally devoid can’t really empathise as they dont get the thing about emotions, and even if this person wants to try to unerstand, there own emotions often spring into play and this prevents them from trying to understand someone elses. Her go to emotions will likely be anger or frustartion which bury all other emotions. Of course when a person is defensive there’s no chance. Nice try though, you know you tried x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Was it abuse? Or was she right to react that way? She began crying at one point, after yelling and threatening – like a child after a tantrum. She hasn’t apologised, whilst I’ve been living on edge for days now

KIP.
      Participant

Threatening to take your son is unacceptable behaviour. It’s what an abuser would do. She sounds like a bully and you won’t get any kind of closure from her. Keep her very much at arms length. Don’t discuss anything with her apart from your child.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content