Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Hetty
      Participant

I’m out – day (detail removed by Moderator). Lots of begging and pleading today. I’m trying to stay strong and remind myself of all the abuse, the impact of all of this on my son. My mind is wandering to “was it that bad?”, “maybe we can make it work”. I’m embarrassed writing that because in black and white I can see that my mind is playing tricks on me. I know it’s because I crave to be cared or. How do I move on?

KIP.
      Participant

Absolutely zero contact is how you get through the next while until you’re not so vulnerable. You know nothing will change if you go back. It will just be the same old cycle of abuse and you being blamed for everything. You’re leaving to keep your child safe from abuse and witnessing abuse too. It does get easier. Stay strong.

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

Stay strong.Block number. Write down why you left. Reread it. I have to do this a lot. You can do this xx

Imagine
      Participant

You’ve already had very good advice but I just wanted to put my experience forward so far. When I left I was lucky to move well away but even so I was still frightened of what he might say. Getting texts from him was so upsetting but although they made me feel bad I didn’t respond to them. I got some great advice on here from some lovely ladies and a couple of friends and they fielded them. Eventually I got to the point that I could block him which has been such a good thing for me. Going no contact has been so good for me and I can’t say how important it is to give yourself that space from him. It gives you breathing space to cut that off. It’s not easy and I’m finding ups and downs but the ‘ups’ are getting longer and they will for you too

Imagine x

Hetty
        Participant

Thanks for your reply. I tried to get some reprieve by saying I need to focus on work this week and so far I’ve had no more pleading. I feel I can’t block him yet until I get some furniture out, if possible. I can’t face that yet though. On the one hand it’s utter bliss to come home to a calm and peaceful house and on the other had I have anxiety and a weird kind of suffocating feeling (emotional not physical). I still feel in shock that I’ve done it x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content