Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Happiermex
      Participant

Hello I’m awaiting counselling but wondered if there’s any good self help books or little things I can do to help whilst I wait, I really need to practice self love and get out of this head space I’m in. I rush round round all day and keep so busy that I don’t have to face anything but I’m not enjoying the moment or living in it it if that makes sense, I’m to busy for family time with my grand parents as I work full time and have a child but really what’s half hour to sit and see them? My body and mind just keep racing ahead. I need to find myself again and love myself and try and calm myself so I can live in the moment. Any help would be gratefully received

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Happiermex

I just wanted to show you some support. Sorry to hear about how you are feeling at the moment, it’s really positive that you have realised that you need to spend some more time looking after yourself and having family time. It would be nice for you to visit your grandparents too.

Maybe you could start with writing yourself a list of things to do each day such as being mindfully present to a song or looking at something that makes you feel happy, do something relaxing, reach out to family etc and then you can tick them off through out your day. Maybe you have a hobby you would like to start up again or learn something new. I really hope you start to love yourself again, you have achieved so much.

Take care

Lisa

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Happiermex, have you tired mindful mediation. I se an excellent free app called insight timer. It has thousands of mediations on it and you can start with really short 5 minute ones. The more often you do it, the more your mind stops racing. xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content