Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Rosemary
      Participant

I suffer from anxiety and depression and negative
      Things that happen in my life and has happened
      Gives me pupltatons in my heart its horrible.i
      Take depression tablets I think I may have to go on depression tablets does anyone have any advice
      Or links to share with me something to try and relax. Its horrible sometimes I dont have to think about anything and pulplations comes in my heart. I’ve been thought alot in my life from my partner giveing abusive controling and makeing me worry about things pluse my past was even worse situation I was in . I’ve never had a break from
      Abuse .

KIP.
      Participant

Are you free from abuse at the moment?

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello kip I am not free from abuse .

Darcy
      Participant

Hi my beautiful Angel … Rosemary,
      Have you spoken to your GP lately about this? They should be able to give you some good advice and follow up on the medication you have been taking.
      Also I would recommend speaking to someone at the domestic abuse helpline to see what your options are for leaving.
      In the meantime though if you are able to I would google/YouTube some techniques for controlling your breathing and getting grounded in your body, even using techniques like tapping can help to control anxiety quite quickly, or find a relaxing meditation.
      I know these things sound simple but make sure you are eating a healthy diet, not drinking to much alcohol or coffee and getting fresh air and exercise.
      I understand it is hard to find ”yourself” in the mist of an abusive relationship but adding in a few self care techniques to your day can significantly make changes to your situation… I know this because it worked for me.
      Stay safe and stay connected
      Sending you love and support
      Darcy xx

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello Darcy thank you for your advice bless your
      Heart .I need to phone up my GP for them to
      Give me stronger depression tablets I got
      Use to the ones I take and they are not helping
      My anxiety and depression but things in life day to day makes me feel worse . I try my best to try
      Not let things stress me out but the things is my partner does get me down with worry to the point I
      Have tummy ake.i will take your advice and do
      What you said for me to do to try and control anxiety its horrible geting pulplations thought my
      Heart sometimes I feel I am going to die .

I feel scared to leave my relationship because i think that he will start problems when I leave him I now I would be protected but would he ever find out where I would be liveing if I left him ? I’ve lived in am abusive controling abusing relationship for a very long time . I’ve got to the point now that I am physically and mentally worn out of my partner . There is days where his quite and the next minet his geting annoyed
      Angury abusive he says to me he feels his going to lose it
      When he feels depressed that he dont feel him
      Self he takes how he feels out of me . When he says this to me his going to lose it my heart goes fast with lots of pulplations I also remember the past
      What he was like years ago so it makes me feel scared because I now what he is like

I eat food but I have thoes days where I feel I dont want to eat Jue to stress and worry .

I go out to get fresh air the thing is because
      Of lockdown I hardly get space to walk on my own where ever i go my partner comes with me i feel closed in sometimes when i have no space to think
      And blow my mind by haveing a walk on my own

Thank you for being here for me I really appreciate it
      Rosemary xx

KIP.
      Participant

Hello Rosemary, please contact your local women’s aid. Your mental health will only get worse and I spent decades on medication treating the symptoms and never the cause which is your abuser. Google the cycle of abuse. Trauma bonding. The power and control wheel. Abusers use fear Obligation and Guilt to control us. He knew exactly what he’s doing and he chooses to abuse you.

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello Kip thank you for careing and your
      Advice over the years he has got worse even thoe I gabe him advice he will not
      Get any help for him self he says he will deal with things In his own way i said to him that he cant deal things in his own way that’s just impossible I think . Doctors even gave him depression tablets which he refuse to take he says
      That he dont like to take tablets . I said to him
      That depression tablets are there to help us feel better he says he ain’t going to take tablets he dont want to depend on them. The thing is his not
      Thinking of people around him. Like you said he excually knows what his doing his admitted that to me when he goes on and on talks to me about negative things he says his going on and on at me because he feels depressed he feels his going to lose it . I have to sit here and lissen to his abusive geting annoyed about his past
      He puts all of his past on to me he says he only wants to talk to me I said to him that it gets to much for me I get headache feels like he giveing me mental toucher. I’ve always been here for him
      But he dont appreciate my support he says there nothing wrong with him and he dont need depression tablets. His admitted to some of his family that his been horrible to me .

Thank you for your support my mental health had gone worse Jue to my partner I should not have to wake up every day thinking how my day is going to
      Be over the years his got us in to det with bills
      My life gone down hill sence I’ve been with him
      He controls all the money and when I tried to get split payments so I can control some money he went
      Mental at me the abusive he gave me was horrible I was shakeing scared crying he was calling me stupid he said I cant have the money because we live together I cant control my own life . We
      Together he thinks he is the one that controls the money I cant he said I am not single he went mental at me for trying to get split Payments it really scared me he was giveing abusive mental touch for a cupple of hours . My partner has use guilt against me by saying to me if I left him he would do something bad to him self

I will Google the information you sent me thank you very much . I just feel lost and lonely in my heart I dont now if I am comeing or going . I am makeing an appointment to see my counsellor I am waiting for a date and time to talk to them about
      My situation.

Some weeks back my partner gave me abusive I was crying and i was nealy sick because he put me on the edge .its horrible that he choice to abuse me even thoe I told him not to do that he dont listen
      To me

Rosemary
      Participant

For my partner being abusive towards me it’s not
      A illness this is all down to control I think ? It’s never okay for him to be abusive

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content