Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      thankgoodness
      Participant

I’ve been ignoring my abuser today, he is now targeting another family member. This abuser is mad.

KIP.
      Participant

He will be doing that to get your attention. Grey rock is really for those who have left a relationship. To ignore attempts at contact and to ignore texts and flying monkeys. Living with an abuser and ignoring them may well antagonise them into hurting you for a reaction. Please be very careful. Are you working on a safe exit plan?

thankgoodness
        Participant

I’m planning on talking to a counsellor about this.

KIP.
      Participant

Well done x

lover of no contact
      Participant

Yes great idea.

Louloubee
      Participant

It’s been a month I got rid he’s after the police telling him to leave me alone he’s not listening he called to mine early hours I ignored now today he’s getting his mate to message me saying he’s worried about him he’s sucidle….. I’ve then one that’s been cheated on yet he’s making me feel sorry for him . This is the 3rd time he’s cheated . So it was the last time I was prepared to put up with it so I walked but now I have this?

Anonymous
      Inactive

The suicidal threat they use is disgusting and in the majority of cases a tactic. It is awful that they use this.
      If his friend genuinely thought he was going to do something to harm himself or kill him self why is he contacting you and not the ambulance or his family. It sounds easier said then done but you txt his friend back and tell him that if he thinks that is true then he needs to phone the ambulance services for him. I don’t know if you have a great relationship with his parents or his family maybe you could txt them saying his friend had contacted you with concerns maybe one of them could go and check on him as you can’t be that support system for him any more due to his behaviour.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content