Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      itmustbemesurely
      Participant

he pleaded with me for (detail removed by moderator) months then all of a sudden it stopped, I collapsed, shaking, sick, unable to eat or sleep, transpires hes met someone else and he has blocked me from all contact apart from email. He lost us our home, and he expects me to sort it all out, we have two children and he has done nothing to help, nothing, he has a new life, with new friends and does whatever he likes, is in love with a girl (detail removed by moderator) years younger than me and it hurts like hell, he has let us down so much we don’t know where we will be living yet he turns his back on us because he is having his ego stroked by a young women and living the life of a 20 year old again, it makes me so angry, he made my life hell for months and months and left me in such a mess with such a high level of anxiety it’s horrendous, why do I feel so so so upset?

KIP.
      Participant

You have every right to be upset. I once read that an abuser doesn’t have a problem with his anger he has a problem with ours. He knows what he had done is despicable and he knows you will be furious and it’s easier to block you so he won’t have to face his failures and behaviour. My ex also had an affair with someone much younger than me. Someone vulnerable that he could control. Let him have his mid life crisis. Block him right back. Cut him out your life and try to pick up the pieces without him. If need be get a solicitor to write to him and keep yourself covered legally. Otherwise he has given up any rights to be in your life. He doesn’t deserve to. His midlife crisis will come back and bite him and when it does, you will have moved on and burned every single bridge x

itmustbemesurely
      Participant

(Detail removed by moderator) . He says he is in love and it b****y hurts, I don’t understand why – I hate him.He has left us in a dreadful situation with the house and is in complete denial….how do I get over this???

Iwon
      Participant

Anusers are like spoiled 2 year olds. Be thankful he has met another victim to use. I know it hurts. I found out mine was sleeping with men and going to male saunas. You are crushed now but do you want to spend you and your children’s life with someone who is incapable of a relationship. Treat him meeting someone else as the best thing that will ever happen to you. Take it one day at a time. Be kind to yourself. I have been with my lovely new partner for (detail removed by moderator) years and now I thank God every day he dumped me. It was a blessing. He made us lose our place left me with debt never helped….. the usual. We have our ow peaceful home now. I shudder to think where we would be if he hadn’t dumped me. I would be dead or in a loony bin. Blessings x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content