Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      RedGiraffe
      Participant

So, after weeks and months of trying he’s finally announced he’s moving out! I feel relieved! However… I also feel guilty, scared, worried, sick and a lot of other negative feelings I didn’t really expect to feel.

I’m worried and scared because now I really do have to tell my little one. I know LO will be hesitant to go to him for contact and this will probably cause him distress…

Eugh! Why do I have to feel guilty about this whole thing! Like I ruined this family! (That’s probably how it’s going to look to the outside world) but I know the truth! Ahhh!

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi RedGiraffe

I just wanted to show you some support. You have achieved so much and I am sorry to hear how you are now feeling guilty. You are not to blame for any of this, it’s his actions and behaviour that has caused the separation. You have done what is best for you and your little one and that’s what really matters.

If you haven’t already it would be helpful for you to get some legal advice around child contact.

Take care and please keep posting to let us know how you are,

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content