Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Losingbattle
      Participant

He finally left (detail removed by moderator). It wasn’t nice. Our son was crying and he walked out of the door calling me an arse hole. My anxiety is through the roof. I keep finding myself messaging him random things. Or finding an excuse to text. I don’t feel normal. Why do I still yearn for that conversation? Why am I just bombarding him with texts? Now that hes gone I’m also in 2 minds whether to report the domestic abuse. A part of me thinks, just leave it, you’ve got him out. The other half thinks, another woman doesn’t deserve to have this happen to them. I don’t know what to do

diymum@1
      Participant

Don’t do anything for now this is too raw. What your reeling from is your traumatic bond to him. I was hit then on my hand and knees when he walked out that door. It’s trauma not love and hunny this feeling wears off. Tell urself this is not love this is the feeling of deep hurt. Your hurting due to trauma. Hang on in there call you the Samaritans anyone but him. This feeling will pass you’ve done the right thing. Might not feel like it right Now. It is tho I promise this is the same as I felt now I feel nothing for him xx love diymum xx

diymum@1
      Participant

I’ve been looking at you tube vids of Erin Pizzey shes the woman who set up the very first women’s refuge back in the 70s. Her thinking and research on the kids who are in families with DV says everything. Kids need good male role models in order to be let’s just say ok in life and relationships. She looked after loads of kids and the ones who had abusive fathers made the cycle of abuse continue into the next generation. You’ve done the right thing for your child 😘💪 block him xxxx

Sunshineee
      Participant

Block his number and when you’re ready take back control and report this sweetie by doing that you’re showing that you’re strong that what he’s done isn’t ok and he can’t get away from it and you’re protecting yourself your children and other women x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there and welcome to the forum, those feelings will pass and lessen with time. Street I first left I couldn’t believe the difference in myself in a week. Could feel the tension lessening daily. Still a ways to go, but we all get through this in or own way, with help from the wonderful ladies on here, by owning up to our doctor, health visitor, women’s aid, hell I was telling the girls st the deli and the checkouts, was practically shouting from the rooftops. The more you open up, the less of a dark secret it is. This is his shame and his guilt, noone else’s.
      Take care IWMB 💞💞

Losingbattle
      Participant

Thank you ladies. I’m trying to look at the positives. I know its going to take Time and adjustment. This is my first day on my own. I’m pretty much lounging around in my pyjamas letting the kids watch what they want on tv and eat what they want. I think I do need to report him once I feel up to it. He still isn’t taking any responsibility for anything which I find quite disturbing if I’m honest. Just not yet

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content