Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Pears2021
      Participant

And strangled me. Nothing new there.
      I’d been ignoring him. But it was someone in his family who messaged me, asking me to get in touch with him. The same person who didn’t give a c**p when I said he’d hit and strangled me again (detail removed by Moderator).
      Because it’s always all my fault, right?
      I have no history or criminal record of anything. TThey all have all sorts, including severe violence..
      But this is all me!

fizzylem
      Participant

Pears, please call the police and log this incident, walk away and let them deal with him and it for you. Many of us are just as fearful as calling the police as we are of him, but they are there to help and will. My only regret is not having called them sooner; after you’ve done it once you will learn that it was ok and the right thing to do.

Pears2021
      Participant

Hi, I’ve got several logs on him. I never name him though because he’s on probation. I’ve been threatened with his family a million times. I don’t want my family having to deal with this. I feel it’s all my fault- if I’d never met him, none of this would happened

Pears2021
      Participant

If he goes back to prison, they will basically show up at my familys and boot the door off apparently.
      Hes already broke the chain off my moms front door.
      He has also threatened to smash the windows in, and was deadly serious, when he knew a child and vulnerable adult could have been home.

KIP.
      Participant

This kind of threat and intimidation is how abusers keep us trapped and need to be reported to the police. I’m sure your family would agree. Take that leap and report everything and ask for protection for you and your family. Victim support may be able to help with security cameras and lights. The police can arrest his family for threats if need be. Something needs to,change and you can start that change. Are,you being supported by women’s aid? Ring them x

fizzylem
      Participant

Sounds like a family full of bullies and anti soical behaviour, and criminality? No doubt they are already known to the police.

You have a ticket out of this if he’s on probabtion don’t you – make the call only this time name him and put his name to all of the other incidents too.

Could you ask about what kind of protection you and your family could recieve first?

Deal with him then if any family members do threaten or intimidate call the police on these people too – it really is their job to deal with these people. It’s frightening to deal with for a time but once they get the message that you won’t tolerate it anymore and will get the police to deal with them they should move on. They don’t want to have to deal with the police nor face any consequences this brings.

Also, could moving be an option? Victim support is a good one to call, they will have all the info you need / can advise what is possible, what are the options. It’s totally anonymous as well so you can talk freely. Gather as much info as you can.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content