Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ariel
      Participant

I’m so many years out of an abusive relationship. My new one for quite a while just broke down today. I think I self sabotaged it a lot and neither one of us has been happy for a little while.
      I can’t understand how one day can make such a difference. We were working things through and then today he’s gone. He hasn’t messaged me goodnight just nothing. He said he’s coming to get his stuff tomorrow. I’m wondering if he will send someone else for it.
      I’m just lonely now and don’t know how I will cope on my own. I’ve never really been on my own before.

nbumblebee
      Participant

Am sorry to hear this sweetie i really am.
      Im not sure anything i say will help but I wanted to send you some love.
      Maybe now its time to concentrate on you for a bit.
      Talk about what youve been through learn about not blaming yourself start to feel more comfortable in your own skin, more confident.
      Do something you have always wanted to do just you, i guess relationshios break down for so many reasons but we will always blame ourselves i think as thats just how we are.
      Sweetie im rubbish at advise im sorry but kniw that you are never alone. Thinking of you xx

KIP.
      Participant

Hey I was the same. Never really been alone before, as in not in a relationship. You’re not alone, it’s time to build on the positive relationships in your life. Date yourself for a while. Find out what you like, what you want to do. Put yourself first. I love it now x

DancingRose
      Participant

When I left my abusive ex, I was alone. It was awful, and scary, and I had no idea why I’d ever thought it a good idea to leave, or, how I’d ever cope on my own, or how I’d ever trust anyone again… doomed to a life of solitude…

Except, it wasn’t awful, and it wasn’t scary. I did it. I am doing it. I feel like I could maybe get into a relationship now, because if ever I got the slightest hint of anything going sideways, I know I could walk away completely self-sufficient.

Honestly, I guess I became a big believer in “fake it till you make it”. I’d paste on a smile and pretend I had my sh*t together, until it turned out I actually did. I do think it’s important though to allow yourself some “down time” every now and then. Even if that’s just some time to come here and work through the real feelings by typing them out to the lovely women on here.

Being alone, and being lonely are two very different things. Embrace the former and manage the latter. There are always people here to talk to.

I don’t know if any of that is really helpful… Keep your head up. You got this.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Ariel you deserve an explanation to why he just left, I know you said you’d both been unhappy for a bit but had you even discussed breaking up? It just seems a little cruel to do it like that, even if he didn’t give an explanation to why he left he could have told you he was leaving, 🤗😔🤗

DeadDiamondX
      Participant

I really do hope your ok!!
      Sending you warm hugs & strength x*x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content