Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Whosthatgirl
      Participant

Well I knew he was probably seeing someone from things he’s said to my lo but a friend told me he’s posted pictures of them on fb. She was cagey as it was her husband who told her.I felt weird for a few hours but actually Im really just relieved as I think Im probably safer if he’s found a new target for his obsessive behaviour. I do wonder though about who she is and whether i know her. Whether she’s got kids and if they will be safe. Whether my youngest will be safer if he does get contact etc. I guess when in a normal break up you hear stuff from mutual friends about your ex but in our situation there is no crossover as most of our friends turned out to be my friends and his family dropped me like a stone. Feeling weird about all the unknowns and though I don’t care that he’s got someone, i do want to know who might enter my child’s life.

KIP.
      Participant

I think this is a dilemma all women in your situation have to face. Please understand that these men never move on. If you allow him in your life he will continue his abusive controlling ways with you too. I don’t think it’s healthy for your friend to bring this up and I told my friends and family that I didn’t want to know what he was upto unless it affected my safety or the court case. I came off all social media. I wouldn’t believe a word or a thing that he puts out there. They like to paint this happy life, when in fact I keep everything private and away from him, he’s the very last person I’d want knowing if I was in a new relationship, yet they go over the top to make sure there’s every chance we see it. I think taking things one step at a time and only reacting to what you’re faced with in front of you. If your lo comes back distressed from visitations or acts differently or tell you anything alarming. Otherwise treat it as hot air. He’s doing this for a reaction. Don’t give him one. Very often with these men there’s a cross over, mine was seeing someone behind my back. They always seem to have someone in reserve such is their insecurities and shallowness. Concentrate on you and your children and let him wallow in his mud.

Whosthatgirl
      Participant

Oh Kip. You are wonderful! That’s exactly what i needed to hear. I’ve blocked he and his family on fb and i don’t post much and nothing about our situation as I’ve been paranoid about him knowing anything. I’ve been doing the freedom programme and realise he’s text book so was probably always unfaithful too. I am genuinely so relieved to be out of it I almost feel guilty about the next poor soul. Thank you x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content