Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      itmustbemesurely
      Participant

has been for (detail removed by Moderator), the first few weeks were hell – suicide threats and constant texts, manipulation and threats…he made me ill, so anxious and scared..but I feel calmer now he isn’t there..kids ok, although DD had a meltdown last night of the extreme, was horrid to me really nasty said she hated me, wanted to leave home she is only (detail removed by Moderator) but was overtired and had been with him that afternoon. I think that her behavior was down to how he was at home, the name calling, the swearing, the anger, rather than him not being there…what do you think? Generally shes been really good about it but I know its tough for her and her brother, not as tough as living like we did though…its hard.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi itmustbemesurely,

It sounds like you have been really strong sticking to your decision through the abuse he has used against you. I am pleased to hear you are feeling calmer now. Like you said, your daughter is probably dealing with the aftermath of seeing her father and the emotions of no longer living in an abusive environment.

You are doing really well, keep posting when you can and remember the 24hr National Domestic Violence Helpline (0808 2000 247) is available if you need to talk at any time. Lean on the support and be kind to yourself.

Best wishes,

Lisa

itmustbemesurely
      Participant

I hope so Lisa as she says she is fine, as is her brother – the house is calm and they both just want – like me – a happy safe home. I can’t believe how strong I have been, th first month was unbelievable so so hard. The support here and my family & friends has made this so much better, I can’t thank you all enough.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content