Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Winnie
      Participant

Hi there,

I’ve just be approved to join!
      My abusive relationship ended  (detail removed by Moderator) years ago although I’ve only been truly free of him since I moved (detail removed by Moderator) months ago due to his behaviour after I left him as well and I still feel like to a certain extent my experiences are holding me back and that I’m just not lovable so I have decided to try and start to heal.

Sorry for the long winded message.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Winnie,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forum. Healing after an abusive relationship is an ongoing process.
      Talking to others who understand can be so helpful. Please do share more about how you’re feeling when you feel able to.

If you haven’t done so already you could contact your local domestic abuse service to ask about any recovery support in your area, such as group programmes.

I hope you find the forum and helpful place to be,

Kind Regards,

Lisa

gettingtired
      Participant

Hello Winnie, what a lovely username. 😊
      You have nothing to apologise for and it certainly wasn’t long winded what you wrote!
      Sorry to hear you’ve only recently managed to break free from him despite being separated for much longer.
      I’ve recently started reading/completing a workbook called ‘The Mindful self-compassion workbook’. I’m still trying to figure this all out myself but perhaps practicing self-compassion could help you on your healing journey? Therapy has been a game changer for me as well xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Winnie your message wasn’t long at all (in fact I thought it would be much longer!) I understand the holding back from things feeling (I don’t know about you)but for me it’s a self esteem low confidence and probably residual depression, really really well done for getting out (it’s not easy to do and some people can’t do that) how are you feeling now after everything? Have you spoke to/opened up to anyone about this or are you processing/dealing with it in your way? also welcome to the forum 💛🤗🧡

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content