• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by hop.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Tattybear
      Participant

Hey I was in a abusive relationship 10 year ago and fled with my children for safety now 10 years down the line my ex has msged me telling my address and he now’s want to see the children my eldest remembers him as he burnt her but the other 2 don’t but don’t want to no him I’m scared he will turn up I’ve informed the police and there being great but where do I stand with my children x

Cecile
      Participant

Just continue to protect them. If he persists he will have to do it through the courts which will cost him. Ring C AFCASS and your local children’s services for advice asap. This is important for your legal and physical protection as it creates official records from the off. How did he get your address? Keep talking to the police- can you discuss relocation? If he was prosecuted do you qualify under witness protection for help? Steak to victim advice as well. Get a ring of official protection around you from each organisation to build written accounts and their decisions on how to help you. Ask the police to take it to the next MARAC meeting so everyone is aware.

the police should install alarms at your home as well that go direct to the station. Ask for this. Keep posting on here. I hope more women give you advice today who have been through similar.

Tattybear
      Participant

Thank you for replying I’m not sure how he got the address he lives over 300 miles away police have been good supporting us and part of me is thankful of the lockdown at the moment as I can keep my kids safe at he with me I will look into the further services thank you x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there, Tattybear, welcome to the forum. I hope you will find it a supportive place. I can see that you have been given some good support and information already.

It is understandable that you are concerned if your ex- partner has found out your address. It is good to hear that you have always found the police supportive. I would certainly encourage you to keep reporting anything to them.

I am also sorry to hear about what your children went through. It would also be beneficial for you to access some legal advice so that you are clear around your rights. Rights of Women are experts around domestic abuse. They have a family law advice line and a wealth of information on their website.

Best wishes

Lisa

hop
      Participant

By the sounds of it your children are on the cusp of being able to say no themselves but with the background and the fact he’s a stranger he wouldn’t be able to just Swan up and have them. By the time it got anywhere they’d be able to say no. If he knows your address after you’ve gone cross country for a decade away I’d be very wary about who’s told him and how he knows. The most important thing is keeping you all safe. Ask the police about the extra security measures you can take. Take good care of yourself and use this lockdown to make plans. There’s no way he can travel that far without being stopped and told to go home xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content