Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Princess123
      Participant

Hello, I am in a emotional abusive relationship. I have escaped for a few days and my son quite frankly doesn’t want me to go back. I have a permanent job and feel it is in my best interests to go back , with the view of getting out as soon as possible, into a privately rented room. I have been in this awful relationship for (detail removed by moderator), in denial most of the time if I am honest and my self confidence and esteem has gone down. My partner is unemployed and an alcoholic…I certainly do pick them lol I dread the weekends and just want to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

KIP.
      Participant

Can you ring the helpline number on here or contact your local women’s aid. Please don’t go back.abuse always gets worse. Alcohol is not an excuse to abuse someone. Your son recognises what’s going on, perhaps you can’t see because of the abuse. Talk to women’s aid x

clearthemurkywaters
      Participant

Hi, if you have managed to leave, if only for a few days, and you recognise fully that this relationship is going no where and is abusive, please don’t go back, just to have a roof over your head, it is not worth it, you may regret it, and years later wish you had made a different choice, I am sure women’s aid can help you. Best wishes x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Please listen to your son!!!! He wishes nothing more than his mum to be safe, pls do it for him if not for yourself. Don’t go back. Do anything you like in the entire world but do not go back! You will be punished severely by your abuser for even daring to leave him in the first place.
      What is the problem? Why do you feel you have to go back? Whatever it is you’ll have more chances of getting it solved out of his reach.
      Call the helpline and friends and family and pls put your son’s concerns at ease and tell him you will look for a safe way forward. You can do this.
      Keep strong and keep posting

Princess123
      Participant

Hi everyone…
      Update : I have done it…left him and beginning to move forward very slowly. I have managed to find a room in a house and just taking one day at a time. Have to be fully assessed at the council, feeling very emotional and randomly cry.
      Thank you all for your continued support, it really helps.

KIP.
      Participant

Very well done. You did the right thing. Try to get your local women’s aid to help you going forward. If it’s a council home you share with him then he can as the perpetrator is the one who is removed. If it’s a joint tenancy and you want him out. Know your rights and that’s where women’s aid can help. It’s going to be a rollercoaster ride to recovery but zero contact will help you tremendously to heal quicker. You do deserve a safe and happy life.

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Oh wow Princess I’m so very proud of you! This is amazing, well done, i’m very happy you took this decision, now you and your boy are safe and free 😌
      Yes cry it out, look for counseling to speed up recovery, talking will help you keep your resolve and keep looking forward and get all your feelings out.
      Yes go zero contact, no more mind games, no contact will help you regain your own mental space.
      Princess, I am so very proud of you, this is truly incredible news 🤗
      Do take it one day at the time and keep posting here
      Well done you!! 👍

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content