Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      overreactinglady
      Participant

I’ve just joined and want to say hi to everyone.

The last few weeks have been a struggle especially after lots of reflection and two long term relationships that both had their share of emotional abuse.

This led to me blaming myself and thinking it must be my fault. My last relationship my ex kept all his dating accounts active and logging in regularly. He gave me a variety of reasons why he kept logging in but it hurt and yet I was the one who felt like I was going crazy.

I can’t wait to chat with you all and help where I can and will always listen and be there for you.

Darcy
      Participant

Hi my beautiful angel … overreactinglady,
      Welcome to the forum… hopefully now you are in a safe place and know your worth.
      I am sure your posts will be valuable to the forum and you will also get lots from the other ladies who post on here as well.
      Sending you love and support
      Darcy xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi overreactinglady,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to the forum. I hope you find the forum a supportive place to be. It is great to see you have already had replies.

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (weekdays 10am – 4pm and 10am – 12pm weekends). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Do keep posting to us when you can.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Sleepypigeon
      Participant

Hi @over just wanted to say hi and your not alone. Also in same position as you. Feel I attrack these men and have thought alot recently. I have reached out to WA and they have been great, I think you should to if you can. It’s scary at first but helpful to know your not alone or to blame. I’m hoping to get through this and find myself again. It’s a bumpy emotional road but this forum is good for advice and everyone is kind and has similar experiences. Sending hugs x

Pears2021
      Participant

Hi there,
      I had an ex who was still on dating dates, even when we were engaged to be married. I’d have the evidence, ask what was going on, and he’d say it wasn’t him, even though it was his nickname as the username, a picture of him, and his email address. So I started sending emails to myself, keeping what I’d seen, as I thought I was going crazy. His family were the same, they cheated too, and thought it was funny and acceptable.
      Fast forward and my last ex… I asked to lend his phone quickly and found him messaging women on a (detail removed by moderator) site. I also found him on a dating site too, which he denied.
      My partner who I’ve just left… has been through my main email account, through years worth of emails (including the emails to myself) and has read everything! Without my permission. He hates cheating (so he says), but takes their side. And said it’s my fault that I have had repeated, failed relationships. Doesn’t seem to be able to see that maybe it wasn’t all just me. And won’t see that my relationships earlier in life weren’t like that at all, and they weren’t ‘failed’. There’s such a thing as growing apart.
      So anyway, I can relate…
      Sorry, I’m rambling. I’ve just joined. I posted twice, but no response yet. Does it take a while for others to see your posts?

Nikita
      Participant

Hi Overreactinglady
      It’s a horrible feeling when someone you love wrongs you and then blames you for it. Or denies the obvious. You say he makes you feel like you’re losing your mind and I know the feeling all too well. But it’s not you who’s insane or guilty. Trust yourself, and if you find it difficult, we’ll all be here for you xx

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content