Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Cahira
      Participant

Hi
      Ive been married for over (detail removed by moderator)years. Survived his affairs and treading on egg shells. I always thought if I tried harder and iften wondered what was wring with me. I chose to spend more and more time away from him by staying up late and not going to bed with him. Getting up later…
      I found out about another affair in (detail removed by moderator) just gone by him emailing me!
      The control and gas lighting has got much worse since then. He eventually left (detail removed by moderator).

Its now reslly bad, theres been a lot of abuse, emotional, financial and (new) 3 or 4 times physical.

He tells people i tripped in such a wsy i wonder if its me thats crazy! He said it like a joke when i needed to dial 999. Its got really bad. I need help. When he visits to see the kids i actually Shake now and feel sick. He says things then tells me i misremembered or got it wrong. Even when i write things down he still says i wrote it wrong. I feel like im loosing my mind now. He’ll say something and when i repeat it back to him he says “I never said that” or that im making it up. Im so scared and jumpy all the time i just want him to stay away.
      I start to do ok but as soon ad he comes i go back to not knowing whats going to happen

A few weeks back i called the police but he tslked to thrm snd then they treated me like i was wrong.
      He’s even reported me for harassment for texts! No one is ever going to believe me. He told me that no one would.
      I cant do this anymore. I feel worthless and the constsnt intimidation is getting me down. I just need hom to stop the lies and the continual torture!

Chickadee
      Participant

Hi Cahira.

Control, gas lighting, emotional distress, is all an abusive person and when/if they feel they are losing that control they elevate things to gain it back keep it, ie. threats, intimidation, physical, sexual.

Contact the number provided here for help, they can connect you with a solicitor and other resources.

Hugs!

Chickadee

KIP.
      Participant

You do not have to see him. You can block him on your phone and refuse to see him. You have the right to be safe from harm. My ex told me nobody would believe me but they all did. The police and the courts and the doctor saw right though his mask. Can he collect the kids from a third party. Zero contact is the only way to recover and escape the constant mindgames and torture. Find your nearest women’s aid. You need help dealing with an abuser x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content