Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      BeenStrongForToLong
      Participant

Hey all hope you’re all well, I just thought I would post as I’m struggling, I had to flee my home (detail removed by moderator) with my two youngest children due abuse. Me and their dad had been split for (detail removed by moderator) after been together for (detail removed by moderator) but it was always abusive..

It escalated from the odd Headbutt to sexual assault and mental abuse to the (detail removed by moderator) incident of him turning up with a (detail removed by moderator) and threatening to set the house on fire with me and our kids in the house.

Social services and the police got us out of our home town by contacting women’s aid who were fantastic and got us a place in refuge.

(Detail removed by moderator).. we also had to change our numbers as their father was giving out to his mates to harass us while we were Living in refuge.

(Detail removed by moderator), slapped a restraining order on him and his family they has disregarded the restraining order by contacting my (detail removed by moderator)  child through (detail removed by moderator),

The police have been informed but because they don’t want to comprise our location by acting on the complaint we’ve made about them
      Contacting my youngest as they would have to pass the complaint on to a different police force where there dad lives so he will get a gist of our location…

They are just logging all reports but have told me to contact my Solictor who’s dealing with the family courts l..

I really don’t no how much more I can take, they are relentless,

I’m Doing my beat in trying to keep
      Me and my two daughters safe but the mind games they are playing now unnerves me…

I just want to try and settle in the new town we’ve been rehoused in, but every time they do something it takes me Straight back to feeling anxious and run down/deflated..

We give up our family home (detail removed by moderator) to a place where we know no-one. I feel Isolated, I can’t even turn to old friends for support as I don’t trust that they won’t pass information on…..

KIP.
      Participant

Hello and welcome. You’ve been through and are going through a terrible time but you are doing everything right. Doing what you can to protect your children. It must be hard for you all. Are you receiving counselling to help with the anxiety and the effects of the abuse? Is your GP available to help or refer you onwards. Do you have an advocacy worker with women’s aid. You won’t always be trapped like this and he won’t always have this effect on you. Meantime try to concentrate on you and the kids and doing things together to relax. Colouring in. Watching a movie.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content