Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Remaininghopeful
      Participant

This is my first post.
      I am living with an emotional abuser. I can’t see a way out but I haven’t completely lost hope.
      I feel one day I will be free from the control and abuse.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Remaininghopeful

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum. You have done the right thing by reaching out for support. I hope you find the forum a supportive place to be.

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (open 10am-6pm every day). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here:
      https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Do keep posting to let us know how you’re getting on.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

Freeforever
      Participant

Hi I’m new to hear trapped in a home me and vile partner owns.. it’s so hard when people think you can just get up and leave.. it’s not that simple and then your in a tough war with your own sanity .. I deserve better I shouldn’t be leaving ! Selfish men only stay so they can control you even more inside your home. Stay strong .. we’ve took the first big step by reaching out for support.

Eggshells
      Participant

Hi Remaininghopeful,

Welcome to the forum.

You may think that there is no way out but you might be surprised.

You have recognised the abuse for what it is and you have reached out on the forum. You are already taking the first steps towards your exit plan.

You can try to contact your local domestic abuse charity and ask for a keyworker. They can talk you through your options, one step at a time and support you through this journey.

ladiesand gentlemen
      Participant

Hi Remaininghopeful
      Well done, you have made the hardest step today, we are all here for you, and understand what you are going through 100%
      Eggshells is absolutely right, have a look for your local womens abuse centre too, mine is really helpful, and your GP if you feel it may help.
      Best of luck
      Take care x*x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content