Tagged: 

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • Author
      Liquorice
      Participant

Hope your all still surviving, im feeling a little low at the mo, things just seem to be so difficult all the time, ive gotten to the point where im just like, yeah whatever, and i think its annoyed him as ive sparked an outrage tonight and now my feet and legs are in a right mess…stupid really, i should know better than to have an attitude but im really starting to not give a s**t about anything he does to me anymore. Does anyone else get like this? Do you think it will pass? I dont really want to upset him i just seem to.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi there, his abuse comes from within himself. It’s nothing to do with your behaviour. People like him won’t change and abuse always gets worse over time. Can you ring the helpline. Talk to your GP and record any injuries. And yes, I used to go to bed at night wishing I wouldn’t wake up. It’s depression, numbness, that comes from being abused.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I wish I could help every single lady escape from abuse, I am away but remember that feeling too well, wanting to go to bed & not wake up again, no one in this world should be living like that, love and hugs to you, keep strong as you know how to be, PLEASE reach out & get help, abuse does always get worse, it breaks us and the weaker we get the worse they get it is a vicious circle. Xx

ILoveMusic
      Participant

Hi Liquorice :-)…so sorry you are going through this..sending a hug x

I get where you are coming from, totally. I am past caring what the monster in charge of me does or says any more, there’s no point in my shutting up, talking back, defending myself or whatever tactics I try to employ to fit in with his madness it doesn’t work…so F him…he can do his worst and he does..he’s won as far as I’m concerned. For eg..it’s trying to talk normally to me right now, because there’s a small bit of cash in the bank..transparent thieving user.. and I’m supposed to be grateful he’s talking to me like I am an actual human being…can’t stand him…wish he would F off forever…but he won’t. Hate myself for being stuck here…

Nova
      Participant

Liquorice …so sorry to hear your having to deal with that. I feel for you, seriously, please try at some point to have a chat with WA just to at least hear your options.
      Your worth SO much more, we feel your pain, we understand the grief of abusive men, it’s all about him. Think about another future & your freedom.

Big hugs Cx

Serenity
      Participant

This is why women stay: because they get so run down and zombified being with an abuser. It’s exhausting, and you find yourself on autopilot, putting up with such dreadful things, too tired to properly care about yourself.

But you deserve more than just surviving. You deserve to live and find joy every day, to feel cherished and valued.

I hope you can find a way out. I hope you can channel that spark into planning an escape. x

Liquorice
      Participant

Its been a rubbish two days, sunday seems to have just been the start of it, hes finished with me tonight-his words-so has gone to bed, im just left here staring at the tv, practically looking through it to the wall but im not as alone as he thinks i can talk here, and it helps a bit so thank you all x

Liquorice
      Participant

Autopilot…numbness…these are good words to describe how i feel

Nova
      Participant

Yes Liquorice we are here and you can talk about whatever you like, it’s a free space. It’s wearing beyond belief being with someone who is like him..so draining physically and emotionally.

I’ve sat numb many times, wondering what is this all about?! …you know what..the vicious cycle can be broken.

Step by step it can lead you away from all that rubbish.
      There are good people around & support…for have a different life ahead.

Keep posting
      HUGE HUGS Cx

Liquorice
      Participant

Oh no, ive spilt milk in the fridge and had to throw some foods out and ive taken bits of the fridge to clean and cant figure out hoe to get it all back together, stupid girl stupid stupid stupid!!! Im dreading this, so tired from the last few days already, and now ive made it worse.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey there. Please ring the helpline number on here. It’s his behaviour that is wrong. Not yours x

Liquorice
      Participant

I dont know whats happened, im in so much pain, i feel like my insides are on fire and really sharp pains?? Ive been told to go to bed because hes sick of me moaning and pulling faces on his Friday night. Nothings happened between us that hasnt happened before and ive never felt like this

Glassbutterfly
      Participant

Yes! I live with that feeling …..oh to well.
      Its not giving in I promise, bizarrely it’s your mind and body taking over (my interpretation ) . I went exactly like this after a bad few days and beating. I had hardly any emotions. I stopped being so fearful, that panic feeling when you hear them coming……gone, pain, bruises, cuts and poisoning words was like water off a f**k back. I had my moments when I did think about it and I would be overwhelmed by every emotion , so I stayed numb. About (detail removed by moderator) I got away, I finally got away , the numbness is frustrating to me and others, this is a horrid thing to say but I don’t even like my mother coming anywhere near me, I absolutely hate, anyone in myspace.
      So the numbness is your body gearing for the final battle of leaving…………. I wish I had done it sooner I panicked so much and there was no need.
      X

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content