Hi, I was told about the website and that it
      Might be of some help to me.
      Not sure what to say yet, still trying to
      Work out if I need help or if I’m overreacting

Escapee
      Participant

Welcome to the gang!
      That is a phrase we have all uttered! No you’re not over reacting xx
      I can’t remember who wrote these words of wisdom on here but they said if it feels wrong, it is wrong; what a perfectly simple way to sum it up.
      Reading others stories will help you see that you’re not alone in this and you’re not going crazy.
      Also, if you haven’t already, have a chat to someone at Women’s Aid, they are non judgemental and very supportive.
      Glad you’ve found the forum x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi and welcome to the forum. You’ve been extremely brave in posting on here so well done in taking that step. I remember my first time posting, I’d read fir weeks before plucking up the courage to do so. Was terrified someone would know who I was, he’d find out and that by putting it out there, it made it real. Have you opened up to anyone before. Your doctor is a great port of call as are women’s aid. If you can’t get through on the national line try your local one, they’re usually found a few lines down on the search engine. Finally accepting we’re abused is one of the hardest things to face up to. Take each day a baby step at a time, there will be so many thoughts and emotions going through your head, everyone absolutely normal. There are some great books available to help you to, why does he do that by Lundy Bancroft is a good start as is the abusive relationship by pat craven. Take care sweetheart. Keep posting and reading others posts, knowledge is power as they say.
      IWMB 💞💞

EbonyRaven
      Participant

Hi and welcome, glad you have found us. I too spent a long time reading and never posting, totally unsure of whether I was in the right place. For a long, long time I thought along the lines of the abuse being not as bad as it could be, and ‘only’ emotional. It was with the huge amounts of warmth, support and belief that I came to understand that there’s no ‘only’ to abuse. If it hurts, confuses, isolates, then it’s abuse. Simples (as the meerkats tell us).

The type of abuse you suffer does not mean you deserve more or less support, although it took me a long time to accept that. We will be here to listen no matter what.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content