Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ColaBottle
      Participant

Hi all,

Not really sure why I’m posting, I guess I just want to feel less alone somehow. I’m still with my “partner” and feeling very trapped, I’m expecting number 5. Never spoke to anyone before about anything, I don’t have many friends or family.

KIP.
      Participant

Hi ColaBottle and welcome. When I first started posting it felt really strange but it took me a long time to take that step so well done to you. It helpS to read other posts to reassure you that you’re certainly not alone. Abuse very often leaves us feeling very isolated and indeed that’s how our abusers like things. Abuse thrives on silence. You could always ring the national domestic abuse helpline or contact your local women’s aid for support. Anyway, welcome to this wonderfully supportive site. Take your time to open up x congratulations on your 5th. Wow 👶

ColaBottle
        Participant

Thank you, It’s taken me a while to actually create a profile and post, ive just never felt that my situation is “bad enough”. But I just want a quiet happy life again now and feel worn down. His behaviour is relatively new over the last few years and the majority of the time he is the same person he used to be, which i suppose also makes it harder for me to accept when he’s not. I’m not sure what I hoping to get from posting, but for now it’s just nice to have somewhere I can vent and let it all out

Beautifulday
      Participant

hi @colabottle and welcome to the forum lovely to meet you, it takes a lot of courage to join the forum and you’ve made that first step 🙂 keep reading the other posts and when your ready to share or post again we will be here for you, all in this together ❤ 😊 x

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi ColaBottle,

Welcome to the forum. It’s a positive step you’ve taken to post here as it’s clear you have concerns about your relationship. Remaining isolated while feeling this way can even add to the uncertainty or sense of being ‘trapped’, so know you have come to a place of support and understanding.
      The women on this forum can help validate your experience which can bring you clarity and a sense that you are not alone in this. One step at a time and as you are ready, you can move forward with your children from a life of abuse.
      Take care,

Lisa

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content