Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      purplesunstar
      Participant

Hi to everyone here 🙂 , at first I would like to say sorry because i don’t speak in good English. English isn’t my mother tongue so I am not so good at it.
      I would like to ask if there is the right place to talk about my experience, which isn’t about domestic abuse but about sexual harrasment in workplace. May I talk about it here in a thread or I need to find an other forum?

kind regards,

purplesun 🙂

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, hello. I don’t know how many of us on here have experienced this but I bet there’s more than we think. Please feel free to ask and see if anyone has experience they can help you with x welcome 😃

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi purplesunstar
      Your english is really fine don’t worry 😊
      I’m not sure but since you are here already I’ll answer you anyhow; sexual harassment at the workplace is treated very seriously, each company has a set policy on the topic, I would advise you to consult with your HR department about the procedure to follow in order to make a complaint. If that’s indeed what you wish to do.
      You will find more in depth advice and guidance on acas org uk
      Insert the dots in between ok, we are not allowed to post any full websites here ☺️
      or google sexual harassment at the workplace
      For emotional support you can call the Samaritans, they can guide you as well on how to handle your situation at work.
      Hope this helped a little
      Take care and good luck

purplesunstar
      Participant

Hi again! I am gratefull that I recieved your answers here 🙂
      I have to say that I am not a UK citizen, I live in Europe. I am not looking for legal advices but in any way all your words and posts are so kind and I thank you a lot about it. 🙂
      I’ve been here because I am looking for months to find a place like this forum where I just want to share my experience with other people that they may had the same and talk about that. This will make me feel somehow that I am not alone, that other people understand and I would like to hear how other women or girls cope with a situation like that.

Best regards,

purplesun 🙂

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content