Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

My eldest chooses not to have much contact with his dad.

This is because his dad was always so awful to him, and what happens is they meet, they fall out ( my ex acting like a child) and then my ex hoovers him up again. It’s the cycle of abuse, now reenacted with my son ( as I am no contact).

My eldest is seeing him on (detail removed by Moderator).

I can tell. His attitude towards me has deteriorated.

Silky Halide, KIP and Falling Skys- I sympathise with how you must feel. It’s heartbreaking.

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

So sorry to hear your eldest son is having contact with him again, please read the text i sent u and take action now

KIP.
      Participant

Play the long game Serenity. You can only bring them up to adulthood. The rest is up to them. Stand up for yourself. My son is now trying to contact me and wants to come round. That’s not going to happen anytime soon. He will learn that his actions have consequences. I wish I’d been brave enough to kick his dad into touch years ago but I wasn’t aware I was even being abused by him. Well I know what domestic abuse is now and I won’t tolerate it. I have much more respect for myself. You will toughen up when your son pushes too far. You will have no choice but to bite back. And don’t feel guilty when you do. It’s their choice how they treat us x

SilkyHalide
      Participant

I’m sorry you are going through this. It’s so hard knowing where to draw the line when you know it is thier dads influence and he’s in their head like he was yours.

Serenity
      Participant

Thanks all. X

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content