Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Butterflyflyaway100
      Participant

Hi everyone I am new to this forum. I have been recently come out of an abusive relationship it’s been so difficult for me. I’m trying my best to move forward!

How is everyone?

tiredanddrained
      Participant

Im feeling so drained. I keep ending it and then getting pulled back in with the I’m sorry. All i keep getting is put downs and namecalling n the latest manipulation it is i stop contacting my male friend ive known for years because i have 2 boyfriends he says. He goes on and on about this. Like using it as a tool to put me down and call me a slapper, a s**t, a wierdo, rat, smelly b*****d, says he’ll sleep with my sister, has threatened yo kill me or slash anyone else i go with. Then he cries and says sorry he doesn’t know why he is so horrible. He says he just said it because i am hurting him because i care more about this friend than him. I hardly see my male friend and he has a girlfriend. He also accuses me of sleeping with work colleagues. It is neverending. Im sick of him making up lies about me that he sends to
      me all day saying ive cheated on all my boyfriends which i haven’t. Im a loyal person.. He has hit me previously and gave me black eyes and he pushes me over and kicks into my legs. He doesnt live with me now but he is trying to make me feel guilty as he says he has nowhere to stay. His parents took him in n now he has abused them and they have told him to go. He txts from morning to night. I dont know why i cant just move on and block his messages. He is clearly no good for me. I feel so mentally drained. Help.

Hazydayz
        Participant

Hello Tiredanddrained. Sorry to read what your going through, where your at! A lot of women here can relate to suffering same sort of issues, remember, your not alone. Abuse is horrible! We all know that, so keep yourself as supported as possible. Are you a newcomer here? I’m guessing maybe? Have you read some of the books that have been recommended? For victims of Abuse! “Why does he do that”? By Lundy something or other? I Can’t remember the surname? right now, but that is the obvious one that jumps to mind! If you scroll down the pages of the latest posts you should find information designed to help you figure how to deal with all. I’ll try and bump it back up…it was put in a while ago! You should see it soon. I think it’s titled…is this your abuser? Good reading! Stay safe 💞

Hazydayz
      Participant

Hi. Butterflyflyaway100. Welcome! And thankyou💐 What a lovely cheerful post you wrote us all. That’s so refreshing I can’t tell you! It is lovely of you to ask how’s everyone? It often is forgotten? I’m all the better for finding you here this morning. Nice to meet you! Hope your doing ok? Having a good morning? I hope! I Hope youll be soon getting lots of replies? It’s busy here somedays others, a bit quiet? But keep posting, someone will get back to you I’m sure. Bye for now 💞

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Butterflyflyaway100,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forum! I am pleased you found us so I hope you find the forum a supportive place to be with others who understand.

If you feel like you are in need of some additional support, you could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (weekdays 10am – 4pm and 10am – 12pm weekends). They won’t tell you what to do, but can discuss your situation and signpost you to other support that’s relevant for you. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Your local support group can also have offer ongoing emotional and practical suppport. Details of your local group can be found here: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/domestic-abuse-directory/

Do keep posting to let us know how you’re getting on.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

tiredanddrained
      Participant

Thank you Hazydayz. I am new here. I am going to read they books. Might help me not feel as insane when i am getting battered with the emotional abuse. It’s so draining. The physical abuse stops n then u get the emotional dominance accusing you of cheating n all sorts. I just don’t know why he cant just be nice all the time. It’s like 2 different people. A loving caring partner 1 week then a angry aggressive selfish nasty vindictive bolshy namecalling yelling charachter when he switches. I have asked him to read self help books n he actually had the cheek to say ive read it n it doesnt apply to me. – Hopefully reading the books you have suggested will help me realise things wont change n understand if he intentionally does it or not as i just cant understand why he ruins everything yet says he loves me so much. Hopefully I become strong enough to completely be on my own n stop believing he does love me as it pulls me back in when i feel sorry for him. At least the physical abuse has stopped since i told him to move out.
      Thanks for your suggestion about the books x

Butterflyflyaway100
      Participant

Thank you! I just wish I could find a really nice guy one day, I’ve had a couple of abusive relationships but the one I left recently was the worst I have ever experienced. I’m trying my best to keep positive and I hope others can keep strong. It’s not an easy process xx

Beautifulday
      Participant

Hello there and welcome! Lovely to meet you.
      I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having a difficult time lately, keep strong , keep reading educating yourself and keep posting on the forum we will all be here to help and support you x

Butterflyflyaway100
      Participant

Nice to meet you too! I am trying so hard but I’m worried for my future so much meeting someone with what’s happened with previous relationships. I’m sure something positive will come out of all this, thank you so much for your support xx ❤️

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content