Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      I.dont.know.
      Participant

Feel like I post of here 24/7 but it’s a massive support!!

So (detail removed by moderator) I go on holiday with my kids and unfortunately him 🙁
      I know my kids will love it but I feel sick at the thought!! 7 whole days of pretending he still has control ( I have reached the point when all I want is out) but my escape plan hasn’t come together just yet.

He knows he’s loosing his control because yesterday he tried to cuddle me and I kept pushing him off saying I was too busy (detail removed by moderator)

My local domestic abuse services are ringing me back when I return from holiday because I finally made the call! I just hope that there’s hope of them been able to house me and kids but I just got a feeling that I’m not going to be so lucky.

I still need to save up to be able to do the private rented root.

Chickadee
      Participant

I.dont.know.

Not liking this. It sent up the red flag. One of the signature marks of an abuser is the abuser knowing their losing control and the get away vacation. They do it to throw you off. And they usually are already maneuvering things. As once they get everything they want out of you, know they don’t have the control, you are thrown away. Remember it is all about them and they are about power and control.

I”d ring the local domestic abuse center back, find a place to go, and get ahead of him.

We are all here for you when you need to talk.
      This is an awesome place with awesome women, isn’t it 😊

Chickadee

KIP.
      Participant

My holidays were a trapped nightmare towards the end. Can you pretend to be ill?

I.dont.know.
      Participant

Thanks for the replies unfortunately I’m currently abroad with him.

It’s so hard I’ve had enough and just want to go home. I’m left doubting myself as he keeps telling me I’m the nasty one and I’m the one who’s horrible yet all he’s doing so far is complaining if I go to the bar for a drink coz it means he has to watch the kids. Heaven forbid he would offer to get me one while he’s at the bar!

He’s also making all these plans for us for the future which I’m definitely not going to be part of coz I will be long gone but it’s so hard not to feel guilty.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content