Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Ijustwanttobefree
      Participant

I’ve not been on here in about a year but tonight I felt compelled to come on and leave a message. I was in a horrific abusive relationship where it became more psychological and coercive rather than physical after we had kids. I managed to get away, but it still went on – and if I’m honest I still get abusive messages from him but I choose to ignore and delete and I choose to be in control. For anyone who is at rock bottom and struggling to find a way forward, you can do it. Self care and educating yourself will push you forward. I would have been lost without WA so use every resource you can, if I can do it anyone can.

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, well done you. It’s great to hear how far you’ve come. You absolutely don’t need to accept abusive messages or any other form of abuse. Do you have a third party who can communicate on your behalf. Cut him right out your life. That’s even more control for you. I pushed back every time he pushed the boundaries and now blissful peace. I dare him to contact me now. Onwards and upwards 👍

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Well done. I agree cut him out completely. Even more peace for you. Enjoy your new free life 🤗☀️🌸🌼💕

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content