Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

I haven’t been on the forum for a while. I suppose it was just time out to start healing to focus on my own needs.

I logged on today to just see what was happening and who needed help. Instantly I realised how far I’ve come. I was the woman posting all the awkward, horrible and distraught questions. I was desperately hoping for that one answer that would give me enlightenment and strength. Believe me when I say I read every response to all my questions and each and every one had worth and truth – so thank you to everyone whoever you were.

I first posted in a terrible state, my husband was violent and extremely manipulative. He was terrorising every aspect of my life, even after I left (the hardest part) he continued to control and hurt me. Don’t be fooled that I dealt with it well. I became increasing “at risk” I was scared all the time.

I have always tried to protect my children from the harsh and horrible truth and I’m still working on how I can move forward with this. I’ve never exposed my husband for what his done, not to anyone other than a select few people that gained my trust.

I suppose the point of this post is just to say that if you feel desperate, low, worthless, helpless and at a constant roundabout to act, then that’s ok. Your time will come, you do have the strength and the power and people out there who want to help! You can get through this. Sometimes it’s little steps which in time add up to miles and new desire around but no matter what you WILL one day get there.

I haven’t reached my destination yet, it’s still quite far away but I’m walking in the right direction, I still have stones thrown my way but I simply walk over them and continue.

Reach out. Shout if you have to. You are stronger than you think and if I can come from this impossible situation then honestly, anyone can.

Sending love

Watersprite
      Participant

Oh wow this has made me smile sooo much. Well done you! You should be so very proud – what a positive message for us all. A reminder there is always hope even when it seems hopeless and that there is always a way. Keep striding over those stones and like water which always finds its way – there is always a way. Thank you for sharing ❤️ I know what a tough and brave journey – mine sounds very similar x

Eggshells
      Participant

So, so pleased for you hun and so very proud of you. He has put you through absolute hell and you just kept pushing forward. Even when you thought it was all too impossible, you kept going. It took so much courage and gargantuan strength.

You are an inspiration. xx

nbumblebee
      Participant

Wow what an inspiration you are.
      A huge well done and i really hope you are proud of yourself cause you really should be.
      Thank you for sharing reading positive stories gives me and i imagine others still here hope.
      Its scarey and lonley this life and there are days when you just feel you cant go on right?
      But reading stories like yours help it really does. I wish you all the best on your journy ahead I hope you continue to grow in strength, love yourself and learn to enjoy life again.
      Huge hugs and best wishes xxxx

Cantmakedecisons
      Participant

Guys thanks but I feel there’s too much credit coming my way! It’s not been a pretty journey, I cried all my tears, kept quiet when I really should have accepted the alternative and even contemplated the worse..

I just needed you all to know that whatever your feeling or dealing with it’s possible to feel and deal with another way. It may take a few attempts and practice.

I see some light, I still feel the guilt and shame which I beginning to realise isn’t mine to hold but irrelevant where it comes from I feel it.

Ultimately my it’s our lives that be have to protect, even if there doesn’t seem much to live for. We have a right to breath, to live, to laugh and to build a happy future without fear.

Be yourselves (easier said than done)

Secretlife
      Participant

Thank you so much for posting such a positive, inspirational message. I needed to read this today as things are really horrible at the moment. I was going to sit and have a good cry, but I feel inspired now instead. Thank you. And, WELL DONE to you. Sending love xx

Secretlife
      Participant

Hi nbumblebee

Thank you for asking. I’ll be OK, today’s a new day. I know what I need to do, just haven’t got the strength to do it at the moment. I feel so worn out by it all. We all know this feeling but cantmakedecisions’ post has lifted my spirits xx

iliketea
      Participant

I was thinking about you yesterday and wondering how you were doing. Thanks for posting. Its really lovely to hear you sounding like you, not that I know you, but you’re not sounding like a shadow of you, you’re sounding stronger and in control of your situation. I love this description – “at a constant roundabout to act” – it is EXACTLY how if feels, you’ve nailed it perfectly. Thank you for reaching out and sharing your hope. So kind and thoughtful. Stay strong and going forward. xx

LookToTheLight
      Participant

Xx

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi cantmakedecisons,

Well done you! This is such a lovely post to read from you, I know you have been through hell and back over recent time and how much in despair you have been. You do need to give yourself credit for where you are now, you may have had some support but the hard work has been done by you. I’m really pleased to read your life is back on a good track.

xx

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content