Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      diymum@1
      Participant

Don’t laugh but I got roped in to seeing wreck it ralph with my daughter and her friend at the weekend. Its the first kids film ive seen that actually promotes equality .Wreck it ralph is a clingy needy man, muscle bound a pain basically that no one wants to be around. In the end he essentially realises that he has to change or he will loose the people he loves.

One of the Disney princesses forms a feminist bond with the cohort of princesses, completed by Belle, Tiana, Aurora, Cinderella, Mulan, Anna, Rapunzel, Ariel, Pocahontas, Jasmine and Snow White.

“Do people assume all your problems got solved because a big, strong man showed up?” asks Rapunzel.

“Yes! What is up with that?” Vanellope replies.

Its a real step forward in showing our kids we can be free independent women and don’t need to take any unacceptable behaviour that comes our way. Hopefully this is the future and people are trying to educate the next generation. The movie I though id be sleeping through came as quite a surprise xx 🙂

Iwantmeback
      Participant

😊😊👏 @WaltDisney

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content