Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Woollymammal
      Participant

So today I’ve filled in the questionairre regarding housing for DA victims..It angers me that for prisoners being released from prison will get help for a home a job and all be ready for their release!!
      But the victims are left way at the bottom of the list..
      No wonder I’m full of anger and will be quite happy to leave this world..
      The only fear I have is for my children and grandchildren..
      But I fought for (detail removed by moderator) after my daughter was killed and my other daughter injured..
      Yes I changed things to help other families, but this should of been in place already..Like a driver started serving his ban on the day he started his sentence.. That is now changed, but to me it was common sense for our law to have that in place..
      So no wonder I have no faith except for the kind ones who battle daily to change things…
      I applied for 3 properties on homesdirect, 1 I was no 227… the others, no chance.. applying for ones so near it would be impossible for me to leave as I’d be too frightened to see him or his family.. but desperation leads you to do things the sane may never consider..
      My application for homelessness has still to be looked at…
      No idea even given as to how long it could be, and the 1st application by my support worker on 5th may seems to have been overlooked too..
      So sitting here waiting for him to come back…
      No one able to tell me anything, to me it’s torment.. no rights for victims anymore..
      No wonder the world has gone mad, because if your the criminal plans are in place to save them from themselves..
      Xx

KIP.
      Participant

Have you looked at renting s room off someone. That way you’d have company. A fresh start where he doesn’t know you and a little peace until they get their act together? Or a refuge? It might be a temporary step meantime. I’ve heard there’s lots of support there too. People with your fight and determination are needed in this world. Not just for your family. Keep going. I promise there is light at the end of the tunnel. You’ve already survived something many of us cannot even contemplate x power to you 👏

Woollymammal
      Participant

Hi kip,
      Thank you for your reply, after hearing about a refuge someone I know stayed in I can honestly say I’m so glad I hadn’t gone in one.. I’m not saying they are all like that one..
      I need to learn to love me, so I need to live on my own, but at least I’ll have my animals for comfort and love..
      I do know that when I am free and worked on my ptsd and can grieve for my daughter..
      I am going to look into setting up a refuge and have kennels in the garden.. I do believe that having your animals can help heal..
      X*x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Hi Woollymammal

I second what KIP says, I too think you are such strong light, who endured so much, you are a fighter fighting for a good life and your rights, it is inspiring, this will work out too and you’ll reap the rewards! You won’t regret it.

It is a marvelous idea to open a refuge with kennels because how many people are out there as you are, who can’t leave an abusive situation because there is no housing which allows pets?
      Contact with animals are good for recovery, it is clearly shown in research and animal therapy.

Actually why don’t you consider to go live in a refuge, first and foremost for your own safety – if you can accommodate your pets somewhere safe meanwhile…with your family?
      To experience refuge first hand and find out which features are important from a survivors perspective for the day you are setting up your own refuge?
      Could be an invaluable experience…you could document your journey.

I must say my own experiences in various refuges over the course of my life was positive and I appreciated the camaraderies between all the women. I did request the single most important thing to allow pets in refuges in the survey thinking of you.

You keep going girl, something will show up before long. Keep strong darling! I send you strength and hugs, keep posting💪💞

KIP.
      Participant

There’s a local charity Pet Fostering who find temporary homes for animals of victims fleeing domestic abuse. I’ve filled out an application form! If you can’t have the refuge then I think pet Fostering is a great idea. I bet there’s funding from the national lottery when your up on your feet again. It’s good to have dreams x animals are soooo healing. They’re bringing dogs into hospitals and old folks homes now. I’ve known for years how much unconditional love they give. Except for my mums chihuahua which used to nip me every chance he got when I was a child and wanted to cuddle my mum. We all laugh about him now. Demon dog lol x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content