Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Beautifully Broken
      Participant

How are we meant to do the best for are children, when minds have been made that we are placing are anxieties on them. Lies are been told. Struggling sorry xx

well done for posting BB.
      Difficult task. Difficult task.
      thinking of you
      not much to offer right now, but positive vibes coming your way..

ftc
      x

Twisted Sister
      Participant

You fight for your truth Beautiful Broken.

Hold your truth strong and close to you, carry it will and dont veer from it for a moment

No matter what others may say, you have the truth, keep making it heard. Loud and clear.

Do keep posting with more detail so we can all offer more specific supports. (Nothing identifying though!)

Warmest wishes

TS

Beautifully Broken
      Participant

The more I talk the more they twist, and then I think I am just wasting my time as my children are going to be taken away(they are threatening this, and he is perfect in every way). At the same time I can’t stand seeing the children come back and the way they are. Just so grateful for my faith xx

diymum@1
      Participant

your anxieties are for a reason they try to twist this the only way forward is to gather your evidence to support why these anxieties exist xx sending you support much love diymum xx

fizzylem
      Participant

Hi BB, it’s rubbish isn’t it. The law simply doesnt acknowledge all abuse, the child’s emotional and pychological health and wellbeing, and how paramount it is in the child’s life that mum is well and supported.

For now I guess it’s about making the best of a rubbish situation sometimes.

We need to know what are his rights and the law, so that we know what we will be governed by.

We cant fight for a change in the law in the court room; this can only be changed via the correct chanels, in a group, in unity, with WA or other movements.

So, we look at what it the most probable outcome and try to work with that I guess.

In the eyes of the law, it only becomes a legal matter regarding a parent when there is violence or sexual abuse, or severe neglect. One smack with a slipper once isn’t enough, a push here and there, verbal threats and chastising are always denied and can often not be proven.

It is all about the evidence, evidence, evidence; but, it is also about the father having the right to see his child, he may be an abusive, lousy parent and not what we want for our children, but never the less, he will be granted access – so the way I see it is this, if you fight it out, in most cases your best bet is to put your argument forward for ‘safe contact’.

I think what is really important and key, or has been for me, is when I feel squashed and disempowered, as we all do, it’s about working out what needs to happen here so that I can bring back the feeling of self empowerment again – and I have found there is always a way to do this – hard to see sometimes – but there is always a way; usually means more info gathering before the answer presents itself to us.

Whatever our children experience with their fathers, we can use it for growth, we can help them to overcome their difficulties with dad; support them, this will teach them life skills and they will also build resilance in the process. We also need to focus on our own health so that we can be the best parent possible and give them what they need x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content