Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ImFeelinglost
      Participant

How do you move on with life and feel like you’ll be rejected. I want nothing more to heal and start looking for a life I have no friends so relie on support from here, I want to Start making friends talking to others that understand . I have thus feeling that I’ll be alone with no front

Grey Rock
      Participant

Hiya. I know it all feels impossible at first but it will get easier over time. I had to work on this myself as I struggled with identifying with people for a while, let alone trusting them.
      One of the best things I did was the Freedom Program and then the Freedom Forever sessions as follow up. It really helps us to identify potential red flags and have confidence in setting healthy boundaries, and address confidence, esteem and anxiety issues. It’s come to an end (technically) for my groups now, but they set us up a WhatsApp group so us ladies who want to continue to stay in touch can continue to support each other and build on those friendships that stated there. Some have even met for coffee and chats but I haven’t been able to yet.

Dating might be a way off, but you’ll know when you’re ready. In the meantime, are there any close friends you lost touch with who you could reach out with a friendly “hi, how are you?”. I found maintaining friendships pretty much impossible when I was with my ex and was expecting that old friends would be annoyed that I’d dropped them for those years. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that my dearest friends from the past were happy to hear from me and we regained contact. I don’t see them as often as I’d like, but it makes a difference to have our occasional get togethers to look forward to.

GR xx

Cosmicasca
      Participant

I can relate, and have felt strangely low, and that I was not worth getting to know and why would anyone bother with me. I have been self-isolating quite a lot since I got out and shying away from new friendships.
      Then I remembered how the isolation, the smear campaigning, the being surrounded only by his people, and the general attacks on my self-confidence and self-esteem had a bigger impact than I could see.
      It helped me to put a finger on why I was suddenly a hermit. I guess I’m trying to say that you are not alone here, that it’s great to have this forum where we can heal, talk to each other and see that we are worthwhile, and that there are good friendships to be made.

Cosmicasca
      Participant

I concur with Grey Rock too regarding old friends. One of my oldest friends who lives far away was there for me through messaging when I was going through it, and still is around now I’m out. I had moved to live with him you see so had no one physically around me that I knew. She was a godsend.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content