Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ineedcoffee
      Participant

Hi I’m new, and I’m not sure how to get the help that I am after, I think I’m in an emotionally abusive relationship. We don’t have any children and we live with his mum. The way that he speaks to me most of the time is awful, he puts me down so much and calls me useless, mainly useless c***, and calls me stupid and other names, also we have to be intimate anywhere between one and three times a day for him to be “happy” I used to think that it was the steroids but he hasn’t taken them for nearly (detail removed by moderator) now and he’s the same. The reason I am writing on here is because we are together literally 24/7 we work together (I work for him) we go to the gym together and never spend any time apart, so I’m not sure what I can do. At first I was happy because he treated me so well (my previous partner was emotionally Abusive) and I’m not sure when things changed, so my point is I can’t make any phone calls to speak to relevant organisations, I feel completely isolated, I moved towns for him and I’ve lost contact with practically all my friends, I have 2 that I still speak to, and my sister daily and that’s it, If anyone has any advice that would be amazing

KIP.
      Participant

There is an email chat line on this forum where you can access help. Would it be possible for you to go and stay with your sister? You can email your local women’s aid too for help. Boots now offer their consultation rooms for victims of domestic abuse if you can get to a Boots chemist by pretending you need a consultation. Tell him you have thrush or something and then use that time in the consultation room, they don’t ask questions and you can use that time to ring local services. The main thing is you don’t tell him you’re leaving. Perhaps your sister could say she is ill and needs your support? Once you’re away and safe you can then deal with anything practical. Abuse always gets worse x your GP is also a good place to go and open up about the abuse x

Ineedcoffee
        Participant

Thank you so much I will try that definitely, it’s a little more complicated, he’s self employed and when his vehicle broke down (which I had paid for repairs) I bought a new one, so I have (detail removed by moderator) vehicles and I don’t want to leave either, he speaks to my sister so I don’t feel that’s an option also she has children, he bought me a kitten which I also want to take with me, is that selfish? I have also lent him a lot of money which I know that I won’t get back, when his (detail removed by moderator) he didn’t have enough to help her so I stepped in and lent him the money and he said he would pay me back but I know that’s not going to happen, and if I said I needed to go to boots he would probably come with me

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content