Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Under false pretences?? He said his ex had got one on him but faked it x

Grey Rock
      Participant

Hmm. Did he say why she would bother to do that? It seems a bizarre thing to do if she didn’t feel it was necessary.

Abusers tend to minimize their behaviour and actions. Not just to others, but also to themselves. My ex no doubt felt that the restraining order put in place was OTT. He’s also told people that he didn’t do anything. I point out to them that the police and courts just acted on evidence that they had from recording and copies if things he sent plus some witness statements. There was no trickery or faking. But I have no doubt that he’ll justify it all saying I’m mad or lying, because that’s what he said about all his ex’s to me. I wish I’d listened to my gut at the time when it occasionally didn’t ring true.

GR x

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

Courts won’t give them for no reason and unless you self represent it’s expensive via solicitor. Doubt v much it was faked to get one.
      My first one , the statement was fine with support on ncdv. On renewal I had to do it myself but had a better idea of what to do. Now got a restraining order so peace of mind for a while

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content