Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Dobedo
      Participant

Hi Ladies,

I recently gave a second statement to the police regarding my ex and the period of abuse from a few years ago. Because I’ve had to talk about it so much I’ve ended up remembering so much more from the very beginning.

How could I have not known?! From the very first meeting I remember thinking that he was such an egotistical pr*ck, he spoke to me like I was a child. Made fun of my working class background because it was unlike his private school background and made jokes about my figure and alienated my parents. He made horrible cruel jokes about my autistic sister.

Sitting down with two detectives and explaining how it evolved into violence, him breaking into my flat and raping me was utterly humiliating. I’m totally ashamed of myself. I used to get pursued quite a lot, and I ended up with an utter psychopath. He was a complete sadist. He completely broke me psychologically and he’s almost certainly going to get away with it.
      How the he’ll didn’t I realise?
      My life when never be the same again

KIP.
      Participant

They are predators and they’re good at what they do. You can bet he’s done it to other women and will do it again so your statement can be used to corroborate them. Don’t be hard on yourself. Every one of us on here has been conned and manipulated. It’s what they do. Have you done the Freedom Programme. I’d really recommend it. It helps spot the signs of abusers and is based around Living with the Dominator by Pat Craven x

Rosemary
      Participant

Hello Dobedo

I am sorry what your going thought it’s not nice at all . I do feel for you as my ex husband he rape me he was physically and mentally abusive and
      Violent he made scares on my body I live with scares on my body which never could be fixed because of him I never thought I could have children. Haveing met my ex husband years ago it was the most worse daya of my life .even thoe his out of my life now and now I still remember what I went thought .

Please dont think bad of your self hun its never your fault.

xxx22
      Participant

I recently met my best friends new boyfriend and he was asking me a lot of questions about this and I felt the exact same. When I was explaining it from the beginning and things that happened in between but I went back… you feel like a fool but as we all know it feels very different when you’re in the situation and the manipulation is really hard to deal with. Don’t blame yourself though or be hard on yourself x x x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content