Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Shaishai
      Participant

I left my abusive ex over (detail removed by Moderator) years ago. I can only now talk about what actually happened with the help of a really supportive therapist. I’m struggling with PTSD flashbacks and feeling worthless and all the negative feelings I had back then.
      I feel like it is never going to go away. I will never be happy or fully able to trust people.

How did you deal with these feelings? I only have 4 sessions of therapy left then I have to go it alone again. I do have support from a few friends and my husband. But they don’t know the full details and I could never tell them. So I feel like I will be all alone again.

Eyesopening
      Participant

I know how you feel i left ages ago and still struggle with PTSD.
      IESO have been amazing, I’ve been doing trauma based PTSD with them and they are one of the few organizations that don’t limit your sessions. I started with them with top scores for PTSD and now and mid way on the chart.
      Check what you have access to in your area but i am also on the waiting list with (detail removed by moderator), and i had therapy from my local DA organization. Get all the therapy you can. Don’t stop. Your friend’s and family can support but they can’t help with PTSD. Its a serious thing thats needs addressing with a trained therapist.
      X*x

Eyesopening
      Participant

Trauma based CBT*

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content