Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Gazebo
      Participant

Hi all
      I have posted a few posts and have some lovely responses, I just wonder how people get through their days living with the abuse? I dread the time my husband will get home from work – and dread once my boys are In bed as that’s when he starts, wanting etc wanting me (detail removed by moderator) I have no interest in doing at all I feel so sad and want to cry when I have to do it as I know if I don’t he will get moody and the arguments start so I then suggest it early on to get it out of the way – I just wonder how people get through their days with this dread over them all the time 🙁 xx

nbumblebee
      Participant

I do the same get it out the way so you dont end up worrying and dreading it. I also hate it when he comes home. He wont let me work without him but I have started volunteering and i love it. Just  (detail removed by moderator) but its so rewarding. It dkesnt interfer with him so he allows it although he does take the mic. I also go gym trying to keep strong and healthy again he doesnt know as i go when hes at work if he happens to pop home and im not there im shopping or having a walk yeah sometimes he accuses me of going off with someone else but I usually just keep quiet and stick to my story.
      Guilt eats away at me every single day about not telling him but the fall out would be far worse.
      Basically i try and keep busy as busy as I can so I dont think too much not much help I know but its just how I get through each day. Sending you hugs x

Gazebo
        Participant

Good on your for the volunteering, that sounds like a great thing to do to take your mind off things at home. It’s so hard isn’t it – I just find it hard because I feel he has no idea how I actually feel and want out and he thinks things are all hunky dory which juts makes things ten times harder!! 🙁 xx

ISOPeace
      Participant

Imagine if he did know how you feel. He would do whatever he thought necessary to make you think things are hunky dory. Love bombing, gaslighting, sob stories, crushing you into submission, whatever it takes. He doesn’t care how you feel, he just cares that you do what he wants and the easiest way is to make you feel utterly confused, weak, useless, like it’s all your fault etc.

Unfortunately there is no neat and easy solution. Abusers put us in impossible positions and of course leaving is incredibly hard. But you will get there. Xxxx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content