Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I have done it. For the sake of the baby and for my sanity I made the big step and it has been so and so … remorse, fear, having second thoughts … especially when I have been constantly bombarded with texts, emails, messages. The last one where him “admitted “ he is in the wrong and not offered the needed support. And this after a cascade of threats , trying to play with my head again… I am aware of the mind games but the last one was a tearjerker…
      what keeps you going ? Not looking back? I have my child that keeps me going but sometimes when he cries inconsolably for a bit it makes me feel like I am a terrible mum. That’s how much the whole situation twisted my head.
      I pick myself back up again and give it my best. I owe to myself , to my lovely baby…

Watersprite
      Participant

Hello I just want to say I think you are a fantastic mum and you should be so proud of yourself. It is so hard to leave. It’s normal to be struggling read up on trauma bonds and try and go no contact. It must be so hard with a young child I didn’t leave until mine were nearly adults and that was a terrible mistake. I wish I had the courage you have there would be so much less damage. Soothe yourself and do little gentle things for yourself and when you comfort your child remember how amazingly brave you are. It will get easier with time. Stay strong x*x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content