Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Freedom @
      Participant

I’ve been keeping a journal on and off about his behaviour for some time ( nothing I can prove) but keeping it none the less. I’m just wondering if I should keep a log of kids moods things they say. Theres a lot of fake calm, tension in the house at the moment and my little one told me she is scared, has a pain in her tummy the other evening so I let her sleep beside me. It could be something else or she could be picking up on the tension. Am I being too dramatic or should I log things like this too?

ISOPeace
      Participant

That is a great question, I’d like to know too. I go through phases of keeping a record but other times, noting it all down just feels like getting sucked into it again. Also a solicitor told me that recent records were more useful but people on here have suggested going as far back as possible. Sorry Freedom @, don’t mean to hijack your thread, just thought you might be interested in the answers too! X*x

gettingtired
      Participant

Hey there, I don’t think you’re being dramatic at all.
      Personally I’d say keep note of it all including how your children are feeling.
      I’m still with my partner but struggle sometimes to journal as it’s exhausting/not nice going over it all again. One thing I’ve noticed though is my memory can be terrible.. even trying to remember how good/bad the day before was. Not sure if anyone else gets this problem?
      Sorry I’ve not really been of much help just thought I’d say I think you should keep a note of everything if you can xx

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Usually logs hold more weight when backed up by professional references. For courts i mean.
      So when your little girl is reporting to you about belly pain, you go to the doctor to have it looked at. It could be something medical but most probably anxiety caused by the tensions he is creating at home.
      Either way this will be logged at your GP.
      Anything your child is reporting log it. Keep it simple too. Use the 5 w’s; when, what, where, why, who and the actions you took.
      That way, family court will see you always cared about the best intention for your child.
      Best of course to get out. Do you have support around you? An exit plan perhaps?
      Take good care of yourselves đź’•

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content