Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Freedom @
      Participant

I feel like I’m banging my head against a brick wall. Trying to discuss maintenance for children over the weekend. What he’s offering monthly is insulting to be honest. Obviously I can’t put in figures here but its very low. I’m not skilled at debating like he is. Trying to avoid mediation/ solicitors etc…but I can’t allow myself to be a doormat anymore as it isn’t even about my. Any tips advice to deal with this?

Freedom @
      Participant

I’m trying to remain detached and not let my emotions get the better of me but its so hard

Watersprite
      Participant

Go on the CMS gov website. You can work out how much he should be paying. I did it all through CMS as none of us could have contact. If you tell them there was domestic violence they take over and communicate woth him and can chase him if he doesn’t pay. They are hard to get through to and no continuity who you speak to so depending on who you speak to a mixed bag but in the end they got things sorted. Abusers are impossible to negotiate with. What sort of men are they that they don’t want to support their own children – says it all!! Hope you get on ok and well done for taking back some control x*x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content