Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Confused123
      Participant

So had to make contact with ex b4 the weekend as one of my child had been injured quite seriously and wanted his dad informed. Normally i leave my children to make their own contact with their dad and dont get involved but based on the seriousenes of the injuries i informed him by text . Was actually polite for once and just ask for updates which i thought was fair and spoke to his son himself . yesterday i told him his son health was stable and was out of danger and therefore i see no point in us having contact unless there is a sudden severe change to his to health. Omg how they change within seconds, started saying how he hates having any contact with me , and how he hates calling me anyway to ask about his son , and how i cant even get the kids to call him to wish him happy f day. Simply told him don’t get involved in his relationship with his kids and it is their choice if they choose to keep contact or not and ended call amicably as possible

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hi confused,

Glad your son is recovering from his injuries and although serious that he is stable. Its hard enough for you having to deal with the shock of your son getting hurt without the abuser using this to have a go at you. They really are despicable. Well at least you are away from him, he can’t escape himself. Who’d want to be him.

I must say you should be proud of yourself the way you handled his verbal attack of you. You didn’t take his bait. You responded without emotion.

He’s not important. Forget him and his bad mouth. Your son’s recovery is the most important priority in all of this.

Our abusers are a complete waste of space. Not worth one ounce of our energy or headspace.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content