Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

She’s still in my life and always will be, but even though I’m now in my mid-twenties, my own home, my own children, she’s still emotionally abusive and deliverately singles me out and will even call me just to yell at me over the phone.

diymum@1
      Participant

do you have brothers and sisters that are treated better? theres a phenomenon in some families that there is the golden child, the appeaser and the scape goat it sounds like she has made you the later. there are lots of good you tube videos on this subject xxxx love diymum

fizzylem
      Participant

‘Will I ever be good enough: Healing the daughter’s of narcissitic mothers’ by Karyl Mcbride helped me – helped me to recognise the patterns in her behaviour and how this impacted on me growing up and now, gave me the know how regarding how to deal with her and the self permission to do this x

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ll give that book a look, thank you. I honestly feel she’s a huge part of the reason for why I’ve ended up where I am

Beepbop
        Participant

I’m going to read this x

KIP.
      Participant

She won’t change. You need to work on limiting contact. Don’t answer the phone to her and move your whole life in the opposite direction from her. I tried talking to my mum about her behaviour. Impossible. Just because you’re related doesn’t mean you have to put up with this behaviour. Cut ties that bind you so you don’t need her for anything. They like to keep us beholden, for me it was a loan she gave me when my ex was arrested. I would never throw that in someone’s face. We had an arrangement to repay and she doesn’t need the money. That didn’t stop her from bringing it up when I wouldn’t agree with doing something unrelated for her.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content